The More You Know...
OK, my lovelies, time for a PSA:
It’s no secret that this effin’ pandemic sent everything into chaos and trying to think back almost two years is not an easy task under normal circumstances, let alone, these new circumstances under which we’ve all come to live. Having said that, I need to go all the way back to August of ’19 when we first started selling tickets to this. At the time, we said that tickets were non-transferrable, but of course that had to change once CoVid reared its stupid ugly head.
So, we asked that people who wanted to resell their tickets give us the heads up that they would be doing so and that people who were looking to buy resold tickets check with us before money changed hands.
There have been people out there who’ve done exactly that, but there have been a few rogues who went off and didn’t let us know anything until their transaction had been completed. MOST of these transactions have turned out just fine and dandy, HOWEVER, there have been a couple where people bought tickets that simply didn’t exist. And guys, anybody who knows me knows that when I am say that I am genuinely sorry I truly mean that I am genuinely sorry that somebody was a complete dickhead and screwed somebody over. But that’s all I can be is sorry. There is, literally, nothing more that we can do. We can’t hunt these people down; we can’t reverse the transaction and we can’t just give you a replacement ticket. We can offer our condolences, but fat lot of good those are gonna do, we know.
Let’s talk about what TO do:
IF YOU NEED TO SELL YOUR TICKET:
1. Contact us to let us know that you will be putting out a notice that you’re going to be reselling. We will retweet you.
2. Inform the interested buyer to contact us to let us know that they are interested in purchasing your ticket and give them either the name you used when you bought the ticket or the ticket number
3. Let us know that you have an interested person who will be contacting us
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN A TICKET THAT’S FOR SALE:
1. Make contact with the seller and ask them to provide you their full name and the ticket number
2. Reach out to us and let us know that you’re looking to purchase a ticket and we will check to see if such ticket exists
3. DO NOT EXCHANGE ANY MONEY UNTIL YOU GET THE GO AHEAD FROM US!
We know that this may seem a little clunky and time consuming, but, if you ask me…I’d rather be safe than sorry that some dickhead got away with my hundreds of dollars.
If there is any doubt in your mind, check with us first. Short of that, know that we have a few Peacemaker badges left, a good bunch of Angel badges and a whole pile of Sheriff Badges. We are CERTAINLY not trying to jam anybody up; we just want to be sure, as best we can, that nobody is getting taken advantage of.
As always, folks…if there’s something, ANYTHING you need or are confused about, PLEASE reach out and ask…we’re a pretty friendly bunch